Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cold Black Nights


In the cold black night I quiver, the cold brushes along my skin and sends me many shivers.  I cannot fall asleep, I roll over and over as reach for you but alas you are not by my side this night.  Oh, how I long to have you there and squeeze you tight, the hour to come to the realization seems to last forever and I keep finding myself awake.  Do not let this be again anytime soon, for my soul cries and cannot sleep peacefully, not even dreams can keep my mind satisfied as it races to find you, my heart tells the truth, this is no fake.  My only hope is to find you within a dream; I search every corner of my thoughts.  The search goes on for what seems like days and finally there you are waiting for me, I run, I sprint, if only I could fly and be there by your side in a moment but when I reach and grab on to you and ready myself to embrace you, my alarm goes off and the night is lost without you.  That day will be long for I will not see your lovely face until this evening, that moment cannot come soon enough for me.  As you sleep and dream of me as I think of you, perhaps you will have better luck of finding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment